Hi there! I’m Dasha Pears, conceptual and fine art photographer, and art director. Among other things (which you can read about here) - I organize creative photography workshops and teach people to try new approaches to taking portraits (my style).
After organizing 15+ photography workshops and talking to 24K+ followers of my Instagram account I realized that the main reason why people come to me is to be inspired. For their photography, art or whatever it is that they do in life. So I decided to make it my mission. I want to explore inspiration and share it with others since this is what helps people create, find themselves and their passions and become happier in life.
I want to make this blog a reflection of that exploration and a source of inspiration for you, my readers. So here I’ll be sharing everything that is connected with my personal creative path, my inspiration, practical tips on photography, organizing conceptual photo shoots, collaborations on creative projects, making money from your art, etc.
I’m starting this blog in response to dozens of requests of my Instagram followers to accumulate all the info I share there and I think it will be useful for you guys. I will be announcing new blog posts on my Instagram and Facebook.
I want to explore inspiration and share it with others since this is what helps people create, find themselves and their passions and become happier in life.
Since this is an introduction post, I feel the need to write a bit about myself.
- I’m a full-time photographer and art director from Russia, currently based in Helsinki, Finland.
- I shoot fine art/conceptual images and commercial ones (for advertising and magazines). You are more than welcome to check out my fine art portfolio at dashapears-art.com, for my commercial imagery please check out the website dashapears.com.
- Photography is my main passion and the way to express myself.
- My first photo attempts date back to 10 years ago, I began to create styled conceptual images only 3 years after. So I’m in this type of photos for 7 years.
- My works won a few competitions, including Best of Russia and Paris Photography Prise in 2018.
- You can find some of my photos on covers of books published in Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, the US, Brazil, and other countries.
- I never knew who I wanted to be when I grow up and never saw photography as a real profession. I never studied photography and learned everything that you see here by just learning from the work of other photographers, attending occasional photo workshops and my personal trial and error. Now I’m here to share everything that I learned with you, guys!
Hope this gives the idea of who I am and what I do. I would really like to know you better as well, come join me on Instagram and Facebook, comment, share your opinions, let me learn more about you.