Editing for Magic
set of videos with simple Lightroom and Photoshop tools to help you create believable surreal photos
I’m nowhere close to a Photoshop queen, but I do know a couple of tricks that you might find useful. This is a collection of educational videos, showing how I use simple processes in Lightroom and Photoshop to create my images and add a dreamy mysterious feel to them.
It’s not a complete guide to the editing software, it’s a set of tools that work for me. There are dozens of ways to achieve certain effects in Lightroom and Photoshop, in these videos I’m sharing my ways. All the photos that you see on this website were created with these basic procedures and tools + some patience and persistence.
because editing doesn't have to be complicated and stressful
The Editing for Magic post-processing video pack includes the time-time access to lessons on how I use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop:
- Introduction to Lightroom: Library and Develop modes
- Using basic tools in Lightroom to get a dreamy feel to your images
- Working with colors, tones, and contrast in Lightroom
- Using white balance, transform and defringe tools to correct the possible damaging effects of the conditions that you were shooting with
- Editing parts of your image in Lightroom to add sharpness, contrast or highlights
- Simple face retouch processes in Photoshop
- Simple changing of colors in Photoshop
- Eliminating objects and spots in Lightroom and Photoshop
- Changing shapes of body and objects in Photoshop
- Creating magic in Lightroom and Photoshop - my compositing process
These tools will work best for you if your shooting conditions are the same: natural light and no flash. Also, you’ll get most of the videos, if you have at least opened both Lightroom and Photoshop before and understand the very basic principles of working in them.
How is it organized?
When you purchase the video pack, you get an email with a password to a locked page on my website with all the videos. Your access to them is unlimited. I will be adding more videos there and you won’t be charged anything for the updates. Enjoy!