Fashion photography with meaning with Diane Villadsen(@dvilladsenphoto)
This episode features an interview with California-based fashion photographer @dvilladsenphoto (Diane Villadsen). Diane's fashion shoots images break all the stereotypes of fashion photography. Focused on pastel colours and creating her own location sets, Diane has a thriving Instagram community of over 47K followers and a popular YouTube channel, where she shares all her knowledge and experience in shooting unusual fashion with more than 15k subscribers. We talk about how to get your first clients as a photographer, when should you make a transition to being a full-time creative, should you do free work and why your works should have a meaning behind them. I really hope you enjoy it!
Things we talked about:
- How to get fast recognized as a photographer and get your first clients
- Living as a full-time photographer: when should you make a transition?
- Why sharing your knowledge is important
- Where to search for inspiration
- How to discover your personal style
- How to find a balance between artistic and commercial work
- How to market your own work
- Should you follow trends or run away from them