Light in Visual Storytelling with Marek Wurfl
Today’s episode is a gold mine of practical tips on improving the lighting element in your photography and maximizing its effect on the viewer. One of my favorite portrait photographers from Bratislava, Marek Wurfl tells us about how he learned to study the light and why it's important in visual storytelling, what’s the difference between a good and a bad light photo, and can you actually fix everything in post? You’re up for a treat, enjoy!
What we talked about:
- Switching to photography from another art form
- Learning how to control artificial light
- The importance of understanding light in storytelling
- Troubleshooting and improvising on shoot
- Can bad lighting be fixed in post-production?
- Working with natural light
- How to train your eyes to notice and recognize light
- Pulling inspiration from other art mediums (painting, film, etc.)