Story-Telling with Photography
TEST PRE-SALE COURSE RUN
the course starts on 6.04.2019
You know how to shoot technically good portraits, landscapes and still lives admired by people, yet you feel that there’s more to photography and you are eager to find ways to express yourself with it? Or maybe you turned to photography specifically for discovering the hidden part of true you, that part that makes you unique and lets you stand out from the crowd? Your dreams, feelings, and emotions beg to be told, but you’re not sure where to start and how to execute creative projects? You know that having your unique personal style is vital for being seen as a successful photographer today, yet, you’re still not quite sure what YOUR style is? You understand that in zillions of images produced everyday yours ought to stand out to be noticed. If you said “yes” to at least 2 of those questions, this is the course for you!
What is it about?
The course is a 10-lessons guide into your creative photography journey and contains:
- A simple 5 step roadmap to help you tell GREAT visual stories with your photos
- Practical techniques for generating ideas
- What to do to eliminate creative blocks
- The exact framework I use to create emotional images that resonate with my audience (including the surprise elements that I use)
- Why you should work in a series and not individual images
- Year-long access to the course lectures;
- 2 live Q&A sessions where you'll be able to send me your questions on everything related to my photography;
- PDFs with practical home assignments on finding ideas and course materials;
- Life-long access to the closed Facebook & Instagram communities, where you can share your future works and get practical tips from Dasha and other community members;
- Discounts from Dasha’s partners;
- Money-back guarantee, if you feel that your goals were not achieved.
As a result of the course you will:
- Train your mind to easily come up with concepts;
- Have a roadmap of ideas for your future conceptual works;
- Generate a topic for are a series project;
- Meet your creative peers from all over the world and be a part of a community of like-minded people.
How is it organized?
When you order your course package in the shop, you get an email with a link to a closed Facebook community and Instagram account, where I’ll be giving my lectures live. 2 days before the official day of the start, which is 6.04.2019 you’ll get another reminder email with a link to these communities and times of when I’ll be giving the first live lecture and your practical tasks for the home assignment. You are free to watch the video whenever you like and can, but there’s a deadline for the task completion: 2 days within getting the e-mail if you want to get the feedback from me. Then every week you will get a similar email with times for live lectures and tasks, as well as deadlines for completing your homework. The course is completed within 4 weeks.
The topics of the 10 lessons of the course are listed below:
- Lesson 1: Course introduction. My story. What is “conceptual photography”?
- Lesson 2: creating a story. The importance of storytelling. 5 rules for telling great visual stories
- Lesson 3: Style of a photoshoot. Elements of an image. The element of surprise that makes an image grab attention
- Lesson 4: Using symbols for creating stories
- Lesson 5: Building a story from a “starting point”.
- Lesson 6: Building images from several elements.
- Lesson 7: Finding inspiration: Copying other artists, and connecting the dots. Sources of inspiration and motivation
- Lesson 8: What your story is really about? Creating concepts.
- Lesson 9: Generating ideas. What to do when you get stuck.
- Lesson 10: Thinking in series: why and how to create a series of images.
What do you need for the course?
- A personal camera, which you’re comfortable with
- Some free personal time to complete the exercises
- Lots of enthusiasm and desire to experiment
What does a "test pre-sale run" mean?
It means that I have accumulated my knowledge on the topic and come up with a bunch of really cool practical exercises, but I never tested them with students online. You have a unique chance to try them first and let me know what you think of them! That's why this course is offered at a lower price of only 95€. The regular one, when I have all the videos produced, and up and running, will be 250-350€ depending on the option that you choose.
This is a test version of the story-telling course. I’m launching out to get your feedback on the materials and structure of the course, as well as the technical part. This is why after completing each lesson I will be sending you a short feedback form, which I ask you to fill in.
Also, since it’s a test version, there might be some minor bugs, that we’ll hopefully be able to fix together.
What’s the price?
The regular enrollment price for this course is 250-350€.
This is a unique chance to be the first to learn all my story-telling secrets for a beta pre-sale price of only 95€
Special pre-sale test course price
Regular course price: 250€
Start of the lectures: 6.04.2019